ALL IN THE TIMING is a hilarious (and even touching) series of one-act comedies by playwright David Ives that combines wit, intellect, satire, romance, and just plain fun.
This production will feature five one-act plays:
- SURE THING follows two people, who meet in a café, as they wind their way through a conversational minefield on the way to falling in love.
- WORDS, WORDS, WORDS recalls the philosophical adage that three monkeys typing into infinity will sooner or later produce Hamlet and asks: What would monkeys talk about at their typewriters?
- THE PHILADELPHIA follows a young man in a restaurant who has fallen into “a Philadelphia,” a Twilight Zone-like state in which he cannot get anything he asks for.
- THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE examines a speech lesson between Dawn, a young woman with a stutter, and Don, the creator and teacher of ‘Unamunda’, a wild comic language, as they navigate their way through a dazzling display of verbal pyrotechnics.
- VARIATIONS ON THE DEATH OF TROTSKY shows us the Russian revolutionary on the day of his demise, desperately trying to cope with the mountain-climber’s axe he’s discovered in his head.